Saturday, May 2, 2009

Joining the blogging universe

Becoming part of the blogosphere has been a daunting prospect for me. I don't want to be a boor, or a pedant, too silly or too serious, too personal or too generic, too transparent or too obtuse. But I'm getting too old and cranky to care all that much about others' opinions of me, so I guess I'll just say what I want to say and if you don't like it, you can argue with me or go fly a kite. Come to think of it, flying a kite sounds really fun right now.

I'm intending to include some medical information, largely my opinions on medical topics that may be in the news. I may get onto politics occasionally, as that field impinges on medical matters. I'll probably deflate "alternative medicine" regularly and with feeling. I view "alternative medicine" as an oxymoron, since most of the practices are decidedly nonscientific and anti-medicine.

If you want to comment, please feel free to do so, and I welcome agreement and disagreement alike. If I'm wrong, prove it to me. If you agree with me, tell me why and how it matters to you. Most of all, I hope this will be a fun outlet, and that maybe it will enlighten you, or at least make you think.

3 comments:

  1. Is taking ibuprofen instead of acetaminophen an alternative medicine?

    Look forward to arguing with you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was me, Jana, your daughter, by the way...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ibuprofen and acetaminophen are alternatives, so of course they would be, combined, alternative medicine, but in a good way.... I'll plan on the arguments. I've been enjoying them for over 32 years.

    ReplyDelete